Trying to constantly hustle and maintain that glorified ‘girl boss mentality’ can actually kill creativity, which isn’t ideal when you want to be focusing on creating engaging and worthwhile projects. Today I am sharing with you this quick tip on staying creative as a freelancer.
Got your pen or phone open to jot down some notes? K, let’s do this!
So, as someone also guilty of losing touch with my creative side from time to time, today’s quick tip is actually a mini list I have compiled of my favorite ways to stay creative and avoid getting too swept up in this crazy online world!
- Keep a small journal by your bedside/in your handbag to jot down any ideas you have just before you fall asleep or while you’re on the go!
- Take a break when needed! No srly… go for a walk, meditate, make yourself a cup of tea!
- Every now and then go back to a forgotten or unfinished project and challenge yourself to rework it
- Try free writing, instead of typing a blog post or document, grab a notebook and just write whatever comes to you! *Also great for brainstorming!*
- Surround yourself with creative people. Good vibes all around create good energy and good work flow!
- Declutter your workspace
- Let yourself find inspiration from everywhere; Pinterest, art, films, music, books etc..
- Never compare your creativity to others. So important!!
So, that’s that, some very super simple tips that you can start incorporating into your daily life in order to get that creative girl boss mentality back on track.
“You can’t use up creativity, the more you use, the more you have.” – Maya Angelou
As always, for all things career girl, be sure to check out @WomenRunThis, a collaborative network designed to motivate as many of you girl boss babes out there as possible!! We’d love to have you and hear your journey to creativity in whatever it is you do!
For more Career Girl related posts, click here.